Hogwarts Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts Academy

A 2011 Harry Potter RPG Forum!

T.D.P. NewsT.D.P. News  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Term one Begins
Lesson 1 - Getting to know your Ingredients and Equipment EmptySat Aug 13, 2011 3:24 pm by Headmistress Kathryn
Term 1 starts September 1st!

Comments: 0
Special Powers
Lesson 1 - Getting to know your Ingredients and Equipment EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 1:35 am by Headmistress Kathryn
Special Powers applications are up and will be open until November 30th, at which point the term will end and the staff will go over all the applicants and choose the best. We will let you know by the start of term 2 who has received special powers! You can Apply for these special powers Here!

Term 1 begins
Lesson 1 - Getting to know your Ingredients and Equipment EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 5:41 pm by Headmistress Kathryn
Welcome to Hogwarts! Be sure to get sorted or apply for a job position!

Our very first term here at Hogwarts 2011 is about to begin!

JOIN OUR INTER HOUSE SLUMBER PARTY IN THE GREAT HALL!

HOUSE POINTS:
Gryffindor: 0
Slytherin: 0
Ravenclaw: 0
Hufflepuff: 0

Word Counter

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Lesson 1 - Getting to know your Ingredients and Equipment

Go down 
AuthorMessage
professor valek
Head of Slytherin House

Lesson 1 - Getting to know your Ingredients and Equipment Empty
PostSubject: Lesson 1 - Getting to know your Ingredients and Equipment   Lesson 1 - Getting to know your Ingredients and Equipment EmptyMon Aug 15, 2011 10:59 am

Professor Valek entered his classroom, head high and thoughts bouncing around his mind. "Good day you lot, today we will begin our lessons with an easy assignment." He sat down at his desk, looking at them from across the dungeon room. "Today we will be getting to know your ingredients and equipment." He expected to hear at least a few sighs of exasperation, so he hurried along. "Now, potion ingredients are great in number, as well as uses. For instance, you may use an ingredient in one potion, only to find that you also need that same ingredient in many others. The same goes for your equipment." He paused here to pass out papers on their homework assignment.

"Now, knowing how to handle your equipment is fairly basic, so I won't discuss that unless there is express need." He waited for a moment for a student to ask for him to explain, and when silence prevailed, he continued. "Now, the paper I'm giving you has a list of ten ingredients commonly found in different potions, as well as 5 equipment items. What I want from you lot is for you to list at least one potion each ingredient is found in, and tell me how to correctly use and handle the equipment listed. This is worth 15 points total."

HOMEWORK:
List one potion that each ingredient is found in, and how to correctly handle and use each piece of equipment listed.

Ingredients: (10 points)
Asphodel
Bicorn Horn
Wormwood
Porcupine Quills
Sopophorus Bean
Belladonna
Daisy Roots
Fluxweed
Hellebore
Powdered Moonstone

Equipment: (5 points)